How did DDR become so unpopular?

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #21 · Posted at 2008-09-11 01:21:20am 15.6 years ago

Offline sorikuenix
sorikuenix Avatar Member
7 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-11

Where I live, I don't think DDR has lost any fanbase at all.
Granted, I live in a little town, so there aren't many places to find a DDR machine. In fact, where I used to live in the the town next to mine, we didn't even have a machine until a couple years ago when our theater was built. Now they have a pretty little MAX2 machine to play Happy.

ITG is actually losing its followers here. There are two machines, and one of them has been shut down for about a year now. The other is in a place that just not many people go to (a DDR MAX machine is there as well). Right now, the main machine here is a DDR Extreme at the mall, and everyone who goes there to play kind of knows everyone else there. We were supposed to get an upgrade to SuperNOVA a few months ago, but I guess the Cyberstation never got around to it...-_-

And even though people talk down to SuperNOVA, I still would like a new change of scenery and song choice Happy.

Post #22 · Posted at 2008-09-11 06:39:30am 15.6 years ago

Offline JunK
JunK Avatar Member
201 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-01-18

Quote: piepiepie75

In fact, didn't Konami release one of the early GF games in the US?

In fact there is a GF 1st in my area.
I refused to play that game altogether.Annoyed
It is ANCIENT!! And the songs basically SUCKS!

Post #23 · Posted at 2008-09-11 07:33:34pm 15.6 years ago

Offline jorellpd
jorellpd Avatar Member
293 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2008-06-08

Origin: Forza_Joey
"Who says that!!"
No one ever dared to try DDR SuperNOVA 2 right now especially the guys and girls that I've been usually talking to in the amusement centers because of it's new scoring system which made the newbies feel unfair with the scores that they recieved.

Post #24 · Posted at 2008-09-11 09:15:04pm 15.6 years ago

Offline dancingcactus27
dancingcactus27 Avatar Member
4 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-09

I wouldn't consider where I live DDR has become unpopular... I was just at an arcade over the weekend and there were a ton of people wanting to play DDR SuperNOVA but then, they all left after I played. Mostly because they were new to the game and becuase one of the pads didn't work right.

But after that, no one else came that day or the day after that...

I am pretty mad about Konami sueing ITG... They only did it because they were jealous.

Post #25 · Posted at 2008-09-12 12:07:09am 15.6 years ago

Offline theWILSE
theWILSE Avatar Member
180 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-08-15

the reason why people don't play ddr where i live is because they're all too busy playing joke rhythm games like guitar queero
coolCoolCoolreally coolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolHOTCry
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 6% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-19 03:28:36
This page took 0.006 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language