Live Action Cowboy Bebop Movie?

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2008-07-25 12:30:28pm 15.7 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
From Anime News Network

The IFMagazine.com entertainment website reports that film producer Erwin Stoff (The Matrix, A Scanner Darkly) is developing a live-action adaptation of Sunrise's Cowboy Bebop multi-genre action anime series for Fox. Stoff told the website that the project is "in the really early stages" since the parties "just signed it the other day." Shinichiro Watanabe's original anime follows the motley crew of the spaceship Bebop as it travels throughout the solar system in search of the next job. Stoff promised "a real degree of faithfulness," and added, “When I met with them in Japan, one of the first things that I brought up was the experience that we had on A Scanner Darkly, and how hard we worked to remain faithful to Philip K. Dick, and that was our big concern here.”

The anime distributor Bandai Entertainment and Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block released the original 1998 television series in the United States, and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released the subsequent 2001 animated movie. The anime was also adapted into two separate manga series, and Tokyopop released both manga series in North America. A Bandai Entertainment representative was unable to publicly comment on this report.

HOLY SH__Shocked

Post #2 · Posted at 2008-07-25 02:11:12pm 15.7 years ago

Offline AnxD
AnxD Avatar Member
1,217 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-01-01

"Ready!?"
HOLY SHIT!

Finished that for you PandyX.

Post #3 · Posted at 2008-07-25 10:49:55pm 15.7 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,023 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
Big GrinCoolGreen GrinLaughing HardTonguePuppy FaceSmileVery Happy

That is how I feel about that announcement. Now I have to retain the girly-girl within me!Puppy Face

.....OH MY GOD!!!!

Post #4 · Posted at 2008-07-25 10:58:49pm 15.7 years ago

Offline Exor
Exor Avatar Member
3,646 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-05-29

3DS Friend Code: 2723-9332-1016
"^ featured on Law & Order"
**** YEAH!!!!!I hope they retain the music. That's one of the sickest soundtracks to any anime I've ever heard.

Post #5 · Posted at 2008-07-25 11:19:02pm 15.7 years ago

Offline Dilemmakoi
Dilemmakoi Avatar Member
65 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-12-01

I hope that Stoff stays true to "Cowboy Bebop", it would be extremely likely that Keanu Reeves would play Spike. Because, you know, the producer just happens to be his agent (and he's been in like 75% of everything the guy's ever produced).

Stoff stayed true to "A Scanner Darkly", which was adapted quite perfectly in my opinion. The only things I'm hoping for are Keanu Reeves to NOT be casted for Spike, because that man has no sense of emotion in his acting at all; and that hopefully we get an indie producer and a somewhat unknown yet talented indie cast. What's most important if whomever is hired to write the screenplay, and that's one of the biggest factors that tells if a movie in general is good or bad.

...but this is FOX we're talking about so my hopes aren't that high for this adaption.

Post #6 · Posted at 2008-07-26 02:35:34am 15.7 years ago

Offline AnxD
AnxD Avatar Member
1,217 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-01-01

"Ready!?"
Quote: Dilemmakoi
I hope that Nolan stays true to "Cowboy Bebop", it would be extremely likely that Keanu Reeves would play Spike. Because, you know, the producer just happens to be his agent (and he's been in like 75% of everything the guy's ever produced).

Nolan stayed true to "A Scanner Darkly", which was adapted quite perfectly in my opinion. The only things I'm hoping for are Keanu Reeves to NOT be casted for Spike, because that man has no sense of emotion in his acting at all; and that hopefully we get an indie director, indie producer, and a somewhat unknown yet talented indie cast. What's most important if whomever is hired to write the screenplay, and that's one of the biggest factors that tells if a movie in general is good or bad.

...but this is FOX we're talking about so my hopes aren't that high for this adaption.
Nolan is the director? -_-?

Post #7 · Posted at 2008-07-26 02:49:31am 15.7 years ago

Offline Dilemmakoi
Dilemmakoi Avatar Member
65 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-12-01

Quote: AnChanXD
Quote: Dilemmakoi
I hope that Stoff stays true to "Cowboy Bebop", it would be extremely likely that Keanu Reeves would play Spike. Because, you know, the producer just happens to be his agent (and he's been in like 75% of everything the guy's ever produced).

Stoff stayed true to "A Scanner Darkly", which was adapted quite perfectly in my opinion. The only things I'm hoping for are Keanu Reeves to NOT be casted for Spike, because that man has no sense of emotion in his acting at all; and that hopefully we get an indie producer and a somewhat unknown yet talented indie cast. What's most important if whomever is hired to write the screenplay, and that's one of the biggest factors that tells if a movie in general is good or bad.

Nolan is the director? -_-?

Something is clearly wrong with me; I was wondering why you mentioned Nolan, but then I noticed in my first post that I mentioned Nolan. Geez. *feels like an idiot*

I've constantly got Dark Knight in my mind.... great film by the way.

Post #8 · Posted at 2008-07-26 03:01:35am 15.7 years ago

Offline AnxD
AnxD Avatar Member
1,217 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-01-01

"Ready!?"
Indeed. The Dark Knight is easily one of the best films of the 21st century but if Nolan did direct Cowboy Bebop then I'd like to see an even darker version.

Maybe even a film-noir styled Cowboy Bebop.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 12% · Server Time: 2024-04-24 18:46:46
This page took 0.005 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language