Logo

Region Compatibility regarding the 360

Thread Locked | Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2008-07-19 09:19:41pm 6.2 years ago

Offline Saiiker
Saiiker Avatar Badge Member
109 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-18
61.8pts
Log in to send this user a private message
Xbox Gamer Tag: heyoRADIOGREE Username: heyoRADIO
"Otherwise known as heyoRADIO."
I'm rather clueless when it comes to anything regarding Microsoft's series of gaming systems. Anyhoo, on to the question.

Am I able to play Japan Import games on an American 360?

I'm aware that Wii has the Freeloader, and the PS2 has multiple mods available, but Google has failed me and I'm eager to play this one Japan-exclusive game for the 360.

Reiteration: Am I able to play Japan Import Games on an American 360?

Post #2 · Posted at 2008-07-19 09:51:01pm 6.2 years ago

Offline Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Badge Moderator+
10,060 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20
782.8pts
Log in to send this user a private messageWindows Live Messenger: oni91[at]hotmail.co.ukSkype: Oni-91FacebookTwitter: oni91_v2
Xbox Gamer Tag: SemtexDrinker3DS Friend Code: 008736577880
"As désenchantée as they come"
Depends on the game.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Oni-91/smiling_face.gif
Forum drama, eh?

Post #3 · Posted at 2008-07-19 10:00:42pm 6.2 years ago

Offline Saiiker
Saiiker Avatar Badge Member
109 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-18
61.8pts
Log in to send this user a private message
Xbox Gamer Tag: heyoRADIOGREE Username: heyoRADIO
"Otherwise known as heyoRADIO."
Ah, I see.

The game I'm looking for hasn't been tested... Oh well. That's $30 I can waste on importing a game that I might not be able to play.

Post #4 · Posted at 2008-07-26 03:16:14pm 6.2 years ago

Offline Tranceformer
Tranceformer Avatar Badge Member
12 Posts
Australia
Reg. 2008-04-03
31.9pts
Log in to send this user a private message
Quote: Saiiker
I'm rather clueless when it comes to anything regarding Microsoft's series of gaming systems. Anyhoo, on to the question.

Am I able to play Japan Import games on an American 360?

I'm aware that Wii has the Freeloader, and the PS2 has multiple mods available, but Google has failed me and I'm eager to play this one Japan-exclusive game for the 360.

Reiteration: Am I able to play Japan Import Games on an American 360?

try this site .
it tells u what game u can and cannot play on the US/Euporean 360 consoles and vise versa.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

Post #5 · Posted at 2008-07-26 03:21:34pm 6.2 years ago

Offline Kon
Kon Avatar Badge Member
1,285 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-02
316.6pts
Log in to send this user a private messageFacebookYouTube
Xbox Gamer Tag: S0ME0NE SPECIAL
"OMG KON!"
I Have 2 consoles. If the game was not released in the U.S. then it wont work on your console (like The Idolm@ster, and EveryParty). Some games, even if they are in the U.S. wont work either (like Conan, Eternal Sonata, Bullet Witch).

So really no, you can not play japanese games, on a U.S. 360, if you really want to play a japanese game (like me), you will have to import a console.

Also the Idolm@ster is a pretty awesome game, its like Boom Boom Rocket Big Grin

Post #6 · Posted at 2008-07-26 03:43:50pm 6.2 years ago

Offline Saiiker
Saiiker Avatar Badge Member
109 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-18
61.8pts
Log in to send this user a private message
Xbox Gamer Tag: heyoRADIOGREE Username: heyoRADIO
"Otherwise known as heyoRADIO."
Quote: ΩOMEGAΩ
I Have 2 consoles. If the game was not released in the U.S. then it wont work on your console (like The Idolm@ster, and EveryParty). Some games, even if they are in the U.S. wont work either (like Conan, Eternal Sonata, Bullet Witch).

So really no, you can not play japanese games, on a U.S. 360, if you really want to play a japanese game (like me), you will have to import a console.

Also the Idolm@ster is a pretty awesome game, its like Boom Boom Rocket Big Grin
Darn, you caught me, I was asking this question because of Idolm@ster. Tongue

Hm... I'll just wait and see if I can score enough money for an import console, but thanks for that info! Happy

Post #7 · Posted at 2008-07-26 11:34:44pm 6.2 years ago

Offline n00b_saib0t
n00b_saib0t Avatar Badge Member
1,583 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-02-05
234.5pts
Log in to send this user a private messageWindows Live Messenger: shin_gouki2001[at]hotmail.comYahoo Instant Messenger: Your_Mom_FromNonStopMegaMixAOL Instant Messenger: MajinSuperVegitoSkype: NifterificFacebookMySpace: myspace.com/n00b_saib0tTwitter: NifterificGoogle+YouTube
Xbox Gamer Tag: NifterificPlayStation Network: NifterificSteam: Nifterific3DS Friend Code: 1547-6201-2304Game Center Nickname: Nifterific
"ZOMG If I flag one more song..."
Quote: ΩOMEGAΩ
I Have 2 consoles. If the game was not released in the U.S. then it wont work on your console (like The Idolm@ster, and EveryParty). Some games, even if they are in the U.S. wont work either (like Conan, Eternal Sonata, Bullet Witch).

So really no, you can not play japanese games, on a U.S. 360, if you really want to play a japanese game (like me), you will have to import a console.

Also the Idolm@ster is a pretty awesome game, its like Boom Boom Rocket Big Grin

i've seen plenty of region free 360 games on play-asia, and quite frankly, them > you. no offense, but i think they would know. the games you listed might not be region free, but that doesnt mean that no game is.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/n00b_saib0t%27s%20originals/n00b_saib0t%27s%20originals.png?1287595937 http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/735.png?t=1278362088
Thanks to Lord Toon for the awesome Simfile Category banner!
Quote: sharibetsu in The Unwritten Rules of ZIv thread
Any popular thread must have at least one debate between n00b_saib0t and someone else.
Thread Locked | Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2014 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- II
Web Server: 2% · Database: 4%
This page took 0.014 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language