Logo

DanceDanceRevolution X (AC) (International)

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #5421 · Posted at 2009-05-07 01:34:41pm 14.9 years ago

Offline jason_ddr
jason_ddr Avatar Member
5 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-05-07

Quote: Unknown Gamer
Quote: jason_ddr
Well that's fine. I don't really mind people not liking my vocals or what not .. I mean seriously .. you cannot please everyone anyways and I'm smart enough to understand that. The reason I called you a troll ,, and no offense seriously is just that you constantly just trash talk anything the label I'm affiliated to does any work whatsoever.

I'm a nice guy and I don't want to start a big fight here.. the reason I got into Bemani is cause I want to try and offer something the fans expect in a DDR game. I'm an old school DDR player.. however I do like everything the new DDR brings in .. but sometimes I think Konami has been loosing their touch with DDR a bit. Again .. respect your opinion .. but I've read the same statements all the time and seriously .. please get over it.. you don't like me .. fine .. you don't have to remind everyone every single time someone pulls up one detail about me or my work.

Anyways, Stay cool.

~Jason (MC Jay)

PS: I don't think the new Dynamite Rave is that bad.. sounds pretty cool. Sides .. if ya hate it .. you just don't have to play it right ;)? It's all good tho!

Laughing Out Loud I have been a bit of a card, haven't I? Laughing Out Loud

I understand and respect what you are saying. I'll keep an open mind. Keep doing what you love to do. Let's leave it at that. Smile

Thank you. I appreciate that. Smile.

Cheers
~Jason (MC Jay)
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/801/raveuntilthenightisover.png

Post #5422 · Posted at 2009-05-07 02:20:32pm 14.9 years ago

Offline antony
antony Avatar Member
150 Posts
Hong Kong
Reg. 2007-12-31

"Tare panda"
Quote: piepiepie75
Oh dear, it seems only the Zukin characters accessories were unlocked (They previously had no accessory unlockable).

according to BemaniWiki , Louis-CONCENT III got accessories unlocked

and the requirement to unlock PARANOiA Rebirth(X-Special) at Extra stage is loosened
Thanks DJjeff for this sexy banner Puppy Face
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/DJjeff2007/antonyROBSEARLECLUBMIX.png (YouTube)

Post #5423 · Posted at 2009-05-07 02:57:51pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Dr.D
Dr.D Avatar Member
1,451 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-03-01

I am starting to hate this BS business of unlocking characters and costumes for thursday unlocks. Wait 1 week and for what? Just a character that could have been unlock through the leveling system?

Not worth it.

At least it seems that the paranoia rebirth x-special will be unlocked for extra stage now. Now I can start practicing Afronova more.

Here's a video I made last night.

Saber Wing Head Shot Mix 1 Great....again

7th time I got 1 great on the song Sad I'll never PFC it.
Add my DDR 2013 Rival code-1106-3749
Visit my YouTube channel DDR 2013 videos!
DrDvids

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/2647.png?t=1235917793

Post #5424 · Posted at 2009-05-07 08:37:09pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Moderator+
13,489 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3445-5569-17913DS Friend Code: 008736577880
"Ambivalent Viennetta"
Personally, I think that RUTNIO is in the sort of "So Cheesy It's Amazing" territory, but to be honest, most of my favourite DDR songs are anyway, so it's all fair game.

Aaaaanyway, won't the Dynamite Rave redux mean that chavs'll think "Oh no, THIS ISN'T DYNAMITE RAVE!" and not play it every single bloody time after Afronova? If so, this is an amazing new feature.
ZIv Mod Squad: "I'm a trash panda now, don't worry about it"
Can you make music? ZENIUS -I- MANIA 2023 NEEDS YOU
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvT2ARPaQAAxRVX.jpg:large

Post #5425 · Posted at 2009-05-07 09:09:53pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Daiz
Daiz Avatar Member+
1,465 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-29

3DS Friend Code: 0490-4991-3615
"TAKING IT TO THE PIE"
They should have made this a new remix like B4U Rising Sun/Apolycate mix was in Hottest Party. It would be pretty sweet to get all these remakes added to X.

Post #5426 · Posted at 2009-05-07 09:19:34pm 14.9 years ago

Offline al2k4
al2k4 Avatar Admin
9,387 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-05-01

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6451-2397-9509
"BEMANI Sound Team"
DanceDanceRevolution X Europe Report (2009-05-07)

London Funland's DDR X has recently (April 29th) got updated to new software. This has added all the missing songs from the DDR X final to the machine but has removed the songs that has got removed in the final version too. Many regular players were upset over the choice of songs KONAMI have decided to remove.

The list of removed songs is as follows, for those that don't know yet:
5.1.1., Baby's Tears, Baby's Tears (SKY GIRLS opening theme), BAILA! BAILA!, BALALAIKA, CARRIED WITH THE WIND, BRE∀K DOWN!, Brilliant R.E.D, CANDY♥, CRASH!, DIVE (more deep & deeper style), Do It Right, Do It Right (Harmonized 2 Step Mix), Drivin', ever snow, feeling of love, Firefly, Freedom, GRADUATION ~それぞれの明日~, Groove, Groove 2001, ヒマワリ, HOLD ON ME, HONEY♂PUNCH, HUNTING FOR YOU, I'M FOR REAL, INSERTiON(Machine Gun Kelly Mix), Keep On Liftin', KI・SE・KI (DDR edit), Knock Out Regrets, Look To The Sky, Look To The Sky (True Color Mix), LOVE ♥ SHINE, ♥ Love² シュガ→ ♥, LUV TO ME (AMD MIX), LUV TO ME (disco mix), 魔法の扉 (スペース☆マコのテーマ), 祭(J-SUMMER MIX), 祭 JAPAN, 祭 JAPAN (FROM NONSTOP MEGAMIX), MEMORIES, Midnite Blaze, MOBO★MOGA, MONDO STREET, Morning Glory, ON THE JAZZ, PEACE(^^)v, peace-out, R3, Remember You, Share My Love, TEARS, Under The Sky, You're Not Here, Your Rain(RAGE MIX)

Click here to view the song list of the updated European software.

On the top left of the screen, the version number says HDX:E:A:A:2009042300. The cabinet is the same location test cabinet that was used in the initial American location tests and is the exact same one shown at the ATEI 2009 earlier in January. The cabinet is in LOCAL MODE due to the lack of e-AMUSEMENT so far in the UK.

After putting in my credits and playing on the 2P side, there were two clear graphical errors immediately.

../forums/DDRXSELECTSTYLEBug.jpg

1. The number of credits required is hiding behind the word "required".
2. The game is telling P2 to press the P1 START button even though P2 is playing.

Not a great start but ah well. Then when you pick your style, you get to select your character. All the default DDR X characters are available but no accessories are unlocked at all, as expected.

After that, you get to pick your mode, there are four modes you can pick, same as the Japan version:

STARTER MODE (The song, HOW TO PLAY, is in Japanese in a European release)
STANDARD MODE
BATTLE MODE
COURSE MODE (CONCEPT and DANCE DRILL (up to level 5) courses are available)

When STARTER or STANDARD modes are highlighted, a REHEARSAL MODE message comes up on the bottom right. REHEARSAL MODE is where a second player can join in at no cost by pressing the DOWN panel on the other pad for one stage with the condition they may only play the song on BEGINNER.

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/pictures/1-1241724544%5B2%5D.jpg

After picking STANDARD MODE, you are greeted with the MUSIC SELECT screen. One little nitpick about the song list is that the Japan licenses are listed first before the North American licenses despite this game version is for an English audience. The romanisations of the Japanese songs are exactly the same as the North American version. There is a minor graphical issue with the difficulty bars on the bottom right, when a difficulty is above 10, sometimes the red blocks do not overlap the yellow completely.

../forums/DDRXDifficultyAlignBug.jpg

The panel controls are now changed so that LEFT/RIGHT will scroll the songwheel, whereas before, you had to use UP/DOWN to scroll up and down the songwheel. To change SORT, you have to press both the LEFT+RIGHT buttons simultaneously and then use LEFT or RIGHT buttons to select your sort mode. The sort mode list is rather pixelated compared to all the other text in the game.

The announcer is about ten times worse than the PS2 versions. The announcer will nag you if you are idle for more than 10-15 seconds even though you might be just listening to the sample start. He will nag you on all screens with a timer, even on the result screen where you may be getting a picture of your scores.

After picking your songs and holding the START button to bring up the modifier menu, you can now pick .5 modifiers all the way up to 8x, same with the North American and Japan releases. You cannot, however, pick your background stage whereas you could on SuperNOVA2. You cannot pick your special arrow skin as that is most likely locked via e-AMUSEMENT or codes.

During gameplay, the lag is very apparent. The display is about 10-20 milliseconds late, but the audio is perfectly in sync; with this in mind, all players that wish to get a good score on it, will have to listen to the music to play in time. Visual players will have a very hard time getting a high score with this machine.

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/pictures/1-1241724544%5B3%5D.jpg

Furthermore, on each MARVELOUS you get a star that shoots up off the screen. In Japan, where e-AMUSEMENT is enabled, every MARVELOUS' you get is counted towards your account to rank on the "MARVELOUSTAR RANKINGS". Speaking to a few players in London about it, they find it a tiny bit distracting but what gets me, is why on a machine that is on LOCAL MODE is that functionality enabled even though the MARVELOUS' will not be counted anyway?

Despite the lag and that, the audio is very much in sync which is an improvement from DS SuperNOVA.

The EXTRA STAGE requirement proved a problem for most players that wanted to play SABER WING EXPERT as you had to either pick RANDOM EXPERT or On The Break EXPERT on FINAL STAGE and AA it. Both choices have their advantages and disadvantages; with RANDOM you might get a level 15 or above, or in my case Fasincation -eternal love mix- the first time I tried it Annoyed and with On The Break, the song is a rather evil 13 with that ending.

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/pictures/1-1241724901%5B2%5D.jpg

If you manage to get through On The Break or the RANDOM and AA it, you will get SABER WING on the difficulty that you played FINAL STAGE. AA that on EXTRA STAGE and you get Horatio as the ENCORE EXTRA STAGE. If you manage to get Horatio EXPERT as your FINAL STAGE, you can still glitch the game to pick the CHALLENGE chart by scrolling to the category folder below it and then tapping the DOWN arrow twice to pick CHALLENGE and scrolling up the song list at the same time.

It is currently unknown whether SABER WING (AKIRA ISHIHARA's Headshot Mix), on the bounce and Trigger can be unlocked as there were no highly skilled players to clear 15s and above with high grades.

If a player manages to get up to EXTRA STAGE, they will get a short ending and if a player gets up to ENCORE EXTRA STAGE, they will get a longer ending which includes all license information. What was funny about the ending, is right at the end with the huge KONAMI logo, the year it says is 2008 but on the title screen it says the game is dated 2009.

Other notes include:
1. All the chart fixes are now in place on the machine too such as bag, Burning Heat and etc.
2. DYNAMITE RAVE and DYNAMITE RAVE("AIR" Special) have new lyrics which has received a good reaction from players in London, makes it sound new and fresh.
3. PARANOiA series and TRIP MACHINE series all have their new banners.
4. MARVELOUS is still only displayed with one L ever since DS SuperNOVA.
5. REHEARSAL MODE should really be called TRIAL MODE, as that's the proper translation from the Japanese counterpart.

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/pictures/1-1241724901%5B3%5D.jpg

Post #5427 · Posted at 2009-05-07 09:36:46pm 14.9 years ago

Offline SteveSnowmn
SteveSnowmn Avatar Member
212 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-11-28

Quote: al2k4

The announcer is about ten times worse than the PS2 versions. The announcer will nag you if you are idle for more than 10-15 seconds even though you might be just listening to the sample start. He will nag you on all screens with a timer, even on the result screen where you may be getting a picture of your scores.

Oh GOD Dead

Still, wish I could play, looks pretty good despite some of the minor problems.

Post #5428 · Posted at 2009-05-07 09:37:26pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Exor
Exor Avatar Member
3,646 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-05-29

3DS Friend Code: 2723-9332-1016
"^ featured on Law & Order"
@al2k4: Do the Japanese licenses have their romanized banners on that European machine?

Post #5429 · Posted at 2009-05-07 09:38:13pm 14.9 years ago

Offline al2k4
al2k4 Avatar Admin
9,387 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-05-01

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6451-2397-9509
"BEMANI Sound Team"
Yes they do.

Post #5430 · Posted at 2009-05-07 09:47:08pm 14.9 years ago

Offline e-s-g
e-s-g Avatar Member
2,208 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-11-16

Sounds pretty good!
I have to go back down there to have another go on the new version Smile
I don't think the problems will bother me that much, and I'm happy to be able to get a chance to play On The Break, since I could never make it to ES with Saber Wing anyway. Although I guess now I won't get to play Saber Wing since I doubt I'll be AAing OTB.
Ah well. goodstuff.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/iidxsig/2004.png?t=12561638100
gay for kors k

Post #5431 · Posted at 2009-05-07 09:52:31pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Daiz
Daiz Avatar Member+
1,465 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-29

"TAKING IT TO THE PIE"
I think the trial mode is a great addition. I've had several people watch me play and want to give it a try and now I can invite them on stage to play a song with me. I'm glad it forces you to play beginner so that it's not really worth abusing.

Something you guys should try: On Extreme, SN and SN2, you cannot fail your first song if either player is on beginner. If you do trial mode for the first stage, will it pass you automatically as well? I can definitely use that to attempt the toughest songs on my first stage Big Grin

Post #5432 · Posted at 2009-05-07 10:21:48pm 14.9 years ago

Offline King of Light
King of Light Avatar Member
377 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-10-28

Quote: Daiz
On Extreme, SN and SN2, you cannot fail your first song if either player is on beginner.

I'm pretty sure this was removed in SN1 and SN2. I've seen people fail on their 1st stage on beginner.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/KingofLight.png

Post #5433 · Posted at 2009-05-07 10:39:52pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Daiz
Daiz Avatar Member+
1,465 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-29

"TAKING IT TO THE PIE"
maybe it's a setting then, but I know for sure at our arcade, SN and SN2 both have fail off for the first stage beginner. Not only that, End of Song Fail is on for the first stage for all other difficulties on our machine.

Post #5434 · Posted at 2009-05-07 10:58:05pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Yudaidhun
Yudaidhun Avatar Member
36 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-29

You might know, some bugs are reported in Japan.
worth checking in europe Laughing Hard

1.do not die with ShockArrow

when you are in extra stage, you woudn't be killed by ShockArrow.
battery won't go into zero.

2.Select Saber Wing Challenge

[1]Play Versus Style with your friend
[2]Get DanceLevel AA or higher
[3]Random select in Final stage. You choose Challenge, and friends choose beginner, basic, difficult or expert.
[4]Get AA or AAA
[5]You can select Saber Wing Challenge
[6]if you get AA or AAA in Saber Wing, you can play Challenge Steps of Triger and On The Bounce.

Post #5435 · Posted at 2009-05-07 11:02:09pm 14.9 years ago

Offline ghostfoxxkilla
ghostfoxxkilla Avatar Member
4 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2009-05-07

Nice Report Alan ..... too bad that they took away alot of good song ...... some of them I am going to miss ...... good bye
5.1.1 [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was Beatmania song bad konami, bad]
Baby's Tears
Baby's Tears (SKY GIRLS opening theme) [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was awesome]
BRE∀K DOWN! [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was awesome]
Brilliant R.E.D [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was awesome]
CANDY♥ [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was awesome]
CRASH!
DIVE (more deep & deeper style)
Do It Right
Do It Right (Harmonized 2 Step Mix)
Drivin' [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was awesome]
ever snow
feeling of love
Firefly
Freedom
Groove
Groove 2001,
ヒマワリ
HOLD ON ME
HONEY♂PUNCH [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was legendary]
HUNTING FOR YOU
I'M FOR REAL
INSERTiON(Machine Gun Kelly Mix)
Keep On Liftin'
KI・SE・KI (DDR edit) [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was legendary]
Knock Out Regrets
Look To The Sky
Look To The Sky (True Color Mix)
LOVE ♥ SHINE [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was legendary]
♥ Love² シュガ→ ♥
LUV TO ME (AMD MIX)
LUV TO ME (disco mix)
魔法の扉 (スペース☆マコのテーマ)
祭(J-SUMMER MIX)
祭 JAPAN
祭 JAPAN (FROM NONSTOP MEGAMIX)
MEMORIES [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was legendary]
Midnite Blaze
MOBO★MOGA
MONDO STREET
Morning Glory
ON THE JAZZ
PEACE(^^)v [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was legendary]
peace-out
R3
Remember You
Share My Love
TEARS
Under The Sky [I going to playing SuperNova because this song is in there]
You're Not Here
Your Rain(RAGE MIX) [Janstylz Favourite song]
Watch my video on youtube [Type in TeamghostRyderINC for the latest DDR / PIU video]

Post #5436 · Posted at 2009-05-07 11:11:39pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Derkomai
Derkomai Avatar Member
112 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-15

""Le gasp!""
Quote: piepiepie75
I personally like the new Dynamite Rave *shrug*. Of course, they should offer it as a separate option.

Or a random option, much like Sunkiss Drop.

More odds on you getting the original version though.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/DJjeff2007/Derkomai.png
GENERATION 24: No matter how many times you see this on a forum, it will always be stuck somewhere in the 20s.

Post #5437 · Posted at 2009-05-07 11:16:41pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Moderator+
13,489 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20

"Ambivalent Viennetta"
Quote: Yudaidhun
You might know, some bugs are reported in Japan.
worth checking in europe Laughing Hard

1.do not die with ShockArrow

when you are in extra stage, you woudn't be killed by ShockArrow.
battery won't go into zero.
I always thought this was a deliberate feature.

Quote: ghostfoxxkilla

Baby's Tears
Baby's Tears (SKY GIRLS opening theme) [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was awesome]
BRE∀K DOWN! [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was awesome]
CANDY♥ [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was awesome]
ever snow
Firefly
Freedom
ヒマワリ
HONEY♂PUNCH [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was legendary]
KI・SE・KI (DDR edit) [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was legendary]
LOVE ♥ SHINE [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was legendary]
Morning Glory
PEACE(^^)v [How can you get rid of this song .... this song was legendary]
Under The Sky [I going to playing SuperNova because this song is in there]

All of these are by BeForU, and due to some licensing issues, are gone. Same with songs by reo-nagumo. Wait, hold on...HUNTING FOR YOU'S GONE!?

Post #5438 · Posted at 2009-05-07 11:32:11pm 14.9 years ago

Offline ddr_ray
ddr_ray Avatar Member
631 Posts
Singapore
Reg. 2007-07-19

Quote: Oni-91
Wait, hold on...HUNTING FOR YOU'S GONE!?

Musiclist for older songs =)
I'm a bug/glitch explorer Devil

Post #5439 · Posted at 2009-05-07 11:47:44pm 14.9 years ago

Offline MarsPhoenix
MarsPhoenix Avatar Member
649 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2007-12-08

A friend of mine suggests the possibility that in some cases, vocalists may have signed their voice to a song for a certain amount of time. How old is Dynamite Rave again?

Post #5440 · Posted at 2009-05-07 11:52:59pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Moderator+
13,489 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20

"Ambivalent Viennetta"
3rd Mix song, so...1999?
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 6% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 11:58:14
This page took 0.099 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language