Exor Avatar Member
3,646 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-05-29

3DS Friend Code: 2723-9332-1016
"^ featured on Law & Order"
Quote: DDRGoddess
Quote: crunc
Another (limited) source for DDR games is goozex.com. It's a game trading site. You can trade your old games into the system and then request other games (for $1 per trade), but you can also just buy games outright, and often the prices are good. For example, DDRMAX2 is 200 points and is currently available. You can buy 100 points for $5, so that works out to $10, plus a trade credit ($1), but you get one free trade credit when you sign up. Also after your first successful outgoing trade you get credited 100 points extra. Being able to buy/trade for a game is dependent on whether or not others are putting their copies of the games up for trade, of course, and at the moment DDRMAX2 is the only one actively available. Similarly being able to trade your games into the system is dependent on others wanting your games (good luck trying to trade Dance Factory into the system, but then again, if you can't return it, it doesn't hurt to put it up for trade on goozex). You have to be patient and some games may never become available and/or never be requested.

I already know about Goozex, but thanks anyway!. I already added all the DDR games they had to my list (even though I don't haven have 100 credits cause some guy sent me a PC game I didn't want >.<) But the DDR games are 150 credits or more. Stoopid stoopid me...

Anyway, after I took back Dance Factory the guy at the counter was like "Hah, happens everytime" So instead I got DDRMAX2. I'm a little disappointed because it doesn't have a challenge mode. Plus after I play certain songs it just freezes and I have to restart my PS2. Well next time I get money , I'll probably get Extreme.... Or DDRMAX.... >.<

Cause DDR is like 1/4 my life! (anime/manga is another fourth, friends are another fourth and then the last is eating/sleeping =P)
Rule #1 when you purchase used games: Always check the condition of the disc before you purchase

Post #62 · Posted at 2008-07-04 06:34:49pm 15.8 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Stay away from DDRMAX, not so great song collection and it has a bug that prevents random saves from unlocking the courses. Get another copy of MAX2 or get Extreme 2. Dance Master Mode is still better than everything that came after it.

Post #63 · Posted at 2008-07-04 07:51:34pm 15.8 years ago

Offline roy2009xedit
roy2009xedit Avatar Member
5,221 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-10

"jubeat knit one, purl two"
She already has Extreme 2.

But yeah, it's an awesome game. Tongue
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/Random/roy2009xedit.pnghttp://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Oni-91/Kawaii%20Rangers/037.png

Post #64 · Posted at 2008-07-05 12:37:51am 15.8 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,023 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Post #65 · Posted at 2008-07-05 01:23:33am 15.8 years ago

Offline Exor
Exor Avatar Member
3,646 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-05-29

I don't recall any bugs in DDRMAX...

Post #66 · Posted at 2008-07-05 01:46:40am 15.8 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
I never seen any bugs in DDRMAX, but I also just got a game save, because I did not want to play 500 songs to get DROP THE BOMB (System S.F. Mix)(hidden song);)

Post #67 · Posted at 2008-07-05 11:40:33am 15.8 years ago

Offline crunc
crunc Avatar Member
33 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-04-02

Quote: crunc
Another (limited) source for DDR games is goozex.com. It's a game trading site. You can trade your old games into the system and then request other games (for $1 per trade), but you can also just buy games outright, and often the prices are good. For example, DDRMAX2 is 200 points and is currently available. You can buy 100 points for $5, so that works out to $10, plus a trade credit ($1), but you get one free trade credit when you sign up. Also after your first successful outgoing trade you get credited 100 points extra. Being able to buy/trade for a game is dependent on whether or not others are putting their copies of the games up for trade, of course, and at the moment DDRMAX2 is the only one actively available. Similarly being able to trade your games into the system is dependent on others wanting your games (good luck trying to trade Dance Factory into the system, but then again, if you can't return it, it doesn't hurt to put it up for trade on goozex). You have to be patient and some games may never become available and/or never be requested.

I already know about Goozex, but thanks anyway!. I already added all the DDR games they had to my list (even though I don't haven have 100 credits cause some guy sent me a PC game I didn't want >.<) But the DDR games are 150 credits or more. Stoopid stoopid me...

Anyway, after I took back Dance Factory the guy at the counter was like "Hah, happens everytime" So instead I got DDRMAX2. I'm a little disappointed because it doesn't have a challenge mode. Plus after I play certain songs it just freezes and I have to restart my PS2. Well next time I get money , I'll probably get Extreme.... Or DDRMAX.... >.<

Cause DDR is like 1/4 my life! (anime/manga is another fourth, friends are another fourth and then the last is eating/sleeping =P)

Like the others said - DDRMAX2 doesn't freeze up. You've just got a bad disc, or perhaps it just needs a cleaning. I also haven't run into any problems in DDRMAX. It's worth noting that I play all my DDR games from HD Loader, though, all ripped from my originals - I haven't played from the discs for quite some time. But never had a problem when I did. Also, regarding goozex. You can buy points. 100 points is $5. So a 150 point game is only $7.50, and that's shipped! Actually it's +$1 for a trade credit (5 trade credits for $5)., so $8.50. Still cheap. DDRMAX2 is currently 200 points, so $11 with the trade credit, shipped. If you plan to just buy you can buy larger numbers of points at a discount. Mind you, you are dependent on others putting the games up for trade. When I last checked MAX2 was available, but the other US releases weren't. However, if you are patient they may become available. And they may not. Overall I'm really happy with goozex and recommend it.

Post #68 · Posted at 2008-07-05 12:50:29pm 15.8 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Quote: silenttype01
There's a bug in MAX?! Since when?

Random save files glitch out preventing additional unlocks. On two saves I made I was able to unlock all the new songs, but none of the courses. I also had one save file reset on me, kept my scores, but forced me to unlock everything all over again. This happened to several friends of mine and we simply tossed the game aside when DDRMAX2 came out. I've never had a single problem with save files from any other DDR game.

I wonder if this is the reason that DDRMAX is the single PS2 DDR game Konami doesn't currently ship?

Post #69 · Posted at 2008-07-11 10:59:14am 15.8 years ago

Offline DDRGoddess
DDRGoddess Avatar Member
17 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-26

Apparently my PS2 doesn't like Captain Jack. XD The only 2 songs that won't play are "In the Navy '99" and "Dream a Dream" Both by Captain Jack. Oh well. I think DDRMAX2 is fine, but it's kinda of annoying how you don't know what you're supposed to unlock because after a "Game Over" it's like "You have 3 points until you unlock the next item!" So...yeah...just a little confusing. But other than that I kinda like it. I just wish it had a song by TERRA in it. But it doesn't because TERRA was introduced in SuperNOVA. Oh well, I'll just have to hope for a TERRA song in DDRX Puppy Face

Post #70 · Posted at 2008-07-11 11:55:08am 15.8 years ago

Offline Exor
Exor Avatar Member
3,646 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-05-29

Apparently my PS2 doesn't like Captain Jack. XD The only 2 songs that won't play are "In the Navy '99" and "Dream a Dream" Both by Captain Jack. Oh well. I think DDRMAX2 is fine, but it's kinda of annoying how you don't know what you're supposed to unlock because after a "Game Over" it's like "You have 3 points until you unlock the next item!" So...yeah...just a little confusing. But other than that I kinda like it. I just wish it had a song by TERRA in it. But it doesn't because TERRA was introduced in SuperNOVA. Oh well, I'll just have to hope for a TERRA song in DDRX Puppy Face
The unlocking is what I like. I liked being surprised when I got certain songs. You'll actually enjoy DDRMAX2.

FYI, TERRA was actually introduced earlier (with the song STARS*** (2nd NAOKI's style)), in the Japanese game Dance Dance Revolution Party Collection, which came out in Japan sometime after we got DDRMAX2 here in America.

Post #71 · Posted at 2008-07-11 12:40:53pm 15.7 years ago

Offline Gone25
Gone25 Avatar Member
109 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-07-10

Quote: Exor
The unlocking is what I like. I liked being surprised when I got certain songs. You'll actually enjoy DDRMAX2.

FYI, TERRA was actually introduced earlier (with the song STARS*** (2nd NAOKI's style)), in the Japanese game Dance Dance Revolution Party Collection, which came out in Japan sometime after we got DDRMAX2 here in America.

Oh do I love that song ;D]

Post #72 · Posted at 2008-07-11 06:13:37pm 15.7 years ago

Offline roy2009xedit
roy2009xedit Avatar Member
5,221 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-10

"jubeat knit one, purl two"
But it doesn't because TERRA was introduced in SuperNOVA.
STARS (2nd NAOKI's Style) from Party Collection and DoLL from STR!KE are from before SuperNOVA.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/Random/roy2009xedit.pnghttp://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Oni-91/Kawaii%20Rangers/037.png

Post #73 · Posted at 2008-07-16 03:25:10am 15.7 years ago

Offline DDRGoddess
DDRGoddess Avatar Member
17 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-26

Quote: RoyBoyCF
But it doesn't because TERRA was introduced in SuperNOVA.
STARS (2nd NAOKI's Style) from Party Collection and DoLL from STR!KE are from before SuperNOVA.

-.-
I meant in the North American versions. Like, the official North American releases. I'm probably wrong anyway >.< But I always thought TERRA was introduced for North America in SuperNOVA
^.^

Post #74 · Posted at 2008-07-16 03:44:38am 15.7 years ago

Offline Exor
Exor Avatar Member
3,646 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-05-29

-.-
I meant in the North American versions. Like, the official North American releases. I'm probably wrong anyway >.< But I always thought TERRA was introduced for North America in SuperNOVA
^.^
You're right they were introduced to us Americans with SuperNOVA, but what we're telling you is that they've been around before that.

Post #75 · Posted at 2008-07-16 04:51:00am 15.7 years ago

Offline FELMDemon
FELMDemon Avatar Member
1,437 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-12-29

"o_O?"
I never had any problems with my DDRMAX.

As for DDRMAX2, for some reason I saw it and was like OMG! MUST HAVE! and bought it for like $30.

Then I played it for like five minutes and the first song I unlocked was Maxx UnlimitedIlikzccr

Then I unlocked all of the songs and beat all of the courses... fun stuff that is. Surprised

All I play nowadays is SuperNOVA. Answer is obvious. ;)
The Heavens! The Earth! And a million squirrels call to me! Huh? What...they don't?
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab54/zivrewards/ZIV%20Award%20Committee/FELMDemon.png

Post #76 · Posted at 2008-09-07 04:12:19am 15.6 years ago

Offline Robo-Zukin
Robo-Zukin Avatar Member
65 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-07

Cooli have all of the ddr(us) games(even disney channel,why i got?it bc of toe jam and other songs,not the disney channel,only the konami song)
my favorite as to be Extreme bc of one popn music on it(make it 2)
but other favorite is MAX2 bc of three dancing at once and BREAK DOWN! and the final boss song (plus the songlist is great)
so get MAX2 or Extreme
get MAX2 for 3 characters on screen/songlist
or Extreme for the 1st mission mode/sercet song(only a cheat will unlock it
or MAX for 2MB songs like Healing Vision-Angelic Mix-
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-25 12:31:10
This page took 0.016 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language