"Ready!?"
Quote: Kyzentun
Quote: Pandemonium X
Energizer = MAX 300
Monolith = Healing Vision
Stop & Go = Chaos
Disconnected = Paranoia

is there any others I'm not getting?

Yeah, what you're not getting is that the ITG ones are what the DDR ones wish they were.
And you mispelled Monolith.
Haha, you forgot that the DDR ones came first, idiot. Maybe not Chaos, that stepchart is pretty bad.

Oh and I agree that ITG stepcharts are generally better than DDR stepcharts but music-wise, DDR is way better.

Post #42 · Posted at 2008-06-12 05:32:13am 15.8 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

"I'm honestly pissed off."
Quote: AnChanXD
Quote: Pandemonium X
Energizer = MAX 300
Monolith = Healing Vision
Stop & Go = Chaos
Disconnected = Paranoia

is there any others I'm not getting?

Yeah, what you're not getting is that the ITG ones are what the DDR ones wish they were.
And you mispelled Monolith.
Haha, you forgot that the DDR ones came first, idiot. Maybe not Chaos, that stepchart is pretty bad.

Actually, I knew the DDR ones came first. Doesn't change me viewing the ITG ones as much higher quality. Anthropomorphizing (look it up, I spelled it right for you, maybe in a few years you'll be able to pronounce it) inanimate things always leads to weird tense problems like the one in my sentence. Sure, I could have said, "ITG chrtz aer teh rule! DDR chrtz aernt'1", but then I'd sound like a channer.
silenttype01: Kyzentun is never harsh. He says it how it is.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #43 · Posted at 2008-06-12 05:50:14am 15.8 years ago

Offline MarsPhoenix
MarsPhoenix Avatar Member
649 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2007-12-08

I can't even argue with you guys when you negate yourselves.

Post #44 · Posted at 2008-06-12 06:11:43am 15.8 years ago

Offline DMAshura
DMAshura Avatar Member
59 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-08

Sure, there's some crap charts in ITG, but less by proportion. When I crossover for a while in ITG, I know that I don't have to worry about there being a spot later on in the stream where I'll have to double step because the step maker forgot about the way the player is facing. In DDR, I'll double step the crossovers more unless I know the song well, because I can't trust them to cross me back.

Oh yes. Because the mark of a good chart is never having to doublestep. Ever. The best charts have a nonstop stream of LRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLR......... for your feet.

Post #45 · Posted at 2008-06-12 06:30:16am 15.8 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

Quote: DMAshura
Sure, there's some crap charts in ITG, but less by proportion. When I crossover for a while in ITG, I know that I don't have to worry about there being a spot later on in the stream where I'll have to double step because the step maker forgot about the way the player is facing. In DDR, I'll double step the crossovers more unless I know the song well, because I can't trust them to cross me back.

Oh yes. Because the mark of a good chart is never having to doublestep. Ever. The best charts have a nonstop stream of LRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLR......... for your feet.

No, that gets old just as fast. There needs to be variation and changing patterns, but I specifically dislike double stepping because it throws me off rhythm, and I don't spin because there aren't any songs I know well enough to do from memory during the time my eyes are off the screen.
Not double stepping doesn't mean just hitting the same two arrows over and over again, it means not using the same foot twice in a row.
Don't build up a strawman by taking something to an illogical extreme, it just makes you look silly.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #46 · Posted at 2008-06-12 06:45:28am 15.8 years ago

Offline DMAshura
DMAshura Avatar Member
59 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-08

Quote: DMAshura

No, that gets old just as fast. There needs to be variation and changing patterns, but I specifically dislike double stepping because it throws me off rhythm, and I don't spin because there aren't any songs I know well enough to do from memory during the time my eyes are off the screen.
Not double stepping doesn't mean just hitting the same two arrows over and over again, it means not using the same foot twice in a row.
Don't build up a strawman by taking something to an illogical extreme, it just makes you look silly.

First of all I believe you misinterpreted me. I didn't mean left right let right at nauseum. I mean being able to alternate feet the entire time. Every time you hit an arrow with your right foot, the next will be your left. That's boring to me.

I'm just sick of seeing people who play some charts and go "hey that's a doublestep!" as if that's the most horrible thing in the world. These are the people who assume everything will be alternating feet. Yeah, you're supposed to switch feet sometimes in songs. It makes things interesting. Of course some stepcharts go a bit too far (EotC) but the best charts in DDR all have some sort of doublestep in them.

Post #47 · Posted at 2008-06-12 06:53:37am 15.8 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

Okay, I did misunderstand you, now I see your viewpoint. I just feel differently because double stepping puts me off rhythm, and my motions aren't as smooth when I have to double step. And to me, one of the major parts of DDR is looking smooth while you do it, so I dislike things that interfere with that, stepjumps, mines, and double steps, in that order. Give me wild crossovers over any of them any day.

Post #48 · Posted at 2008-06-12 07:08:58am 15.8 years ago

Offline DMAshura
DMAshura Avatar Member
59 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-08

Okay, I did misunderstand you, now I see your viewpoint. I just feel differently because double stepping puts me off rhythm, and my motions aren't as smooth when I have to double step. And to me, one of the major parts of DDR is looking smooth while you do it, so I dislike things that interfere with that, stepjumps, mines, and double steps, in that order. Give me wild crossovers over any of them any day.

I probably play doublesteps a bit differently than you. I like sliding them when I can. For example on A Stupid Barber, the part with a rather obvious doublestep is one of my favorite parts. Right-Up-Right-Down-Up-Right-Left. I slide my feet between steps 5 and 6, and it's just plain fun. In fact, A Stupid Barber is a great example of a stepchart that uses doublesteps well.

Post #49 · Posted at 2008-06-12 03:39:04pm 15.8 years ago

Offline roy2009xedit
roy2009xedit Avatar Member
5,221 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-10

"jubeat knit one, purl two"
I agree with Kyzentun. Forced doublesteps seem unnatural whether you doublestep as intended or try to alternate (in which case, you'll be facing backwards). When I write an edit, I try not to let that backwards syndrome happen, but I do allow for plenty of crossovers.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/Random/roy2009xedit.pnghttp://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Oni-91/Kawaii%20Rangers/037.png

Post #50 · Posted at 2008-06-23 01:57:29am 15.8 years ago

Offline Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Moderator+
13,492 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3445-5569-17913DS Friend Code: 008736577880
"Ambivalent Viennetta"
Another song I like for double steps is HVAM. The chart is very, very difficult to pull off without double stepping, but it's great. It's one of my favourites, mainly because of the double steps being challenging, yet fun. That's something that Konami's lost over the last couple of years.
ZIv Mod Squad: "I'm a trash panda now, don't worry about it"
Can you make music? ZENIUS -I- MANIA 2023 NEEDS YOU
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvT2ARPaQAAxRVX.jpg:large

Post #51 · Posted at 2008-06-23 05:01:04am 15.8 years ago

Offline roy2009xedit
roy2009xedit Avatar Member
5,221 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-10

"jubeat knit one, purl two"
To me, a good chart is more likely to mean a good rhythm pattern than a good arrangement pattern. I don't think too much about how often I doublestep, but I wouldn't want to do it constantly or feel like I'm fixed in one position throughout the song (although there's niche charts like Holic). Of course, there's always jumps and freeze arrows that can affect how you think of and step the chart.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/Random/roy2009xedit.pnghttp://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Oni-91/Kawaii%20Rangers/037.png
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-04-24 23:07:44
This page took 0.011 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language